Well, y'all, what you be drinking 'sevening (this evening)?

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Re: Well, y'all, what you be drinking 'sevening (this evenin

Unread postby JPBoston » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:32 am

Enjoyed some OGD BIB and thinking about moving on to a pour of KC to cap off the night.

BTW... Old Fitz Bonded is $14.99 (used to be $12.99 last year) and Fighting Cock is about $16.99. Both are really great pours under $20. Of course, OGD Bonded is only $18.99 and extremely good as well. And then, my old stand-by, Evan Williams Black Label... a mere $14.99 per handle, and very good juice. Not anything like the Early Times swill I tested out this week.
JPBoston

Unread postby Birdo » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:12 am

JPBoston wrote:Enjoyed some OGD BIB and thinking about moving on to a pour of KC to cap off the night.

BTW... Old Fitz Bonded is $14.99 (used to be $12.99 last year) and Fighting Cock is about $16.99. Both are really great pours under $20. Of course, OGD Bonded is only $18.99 and extremely good as well. And then, my old stand-by, Evan Williams Black Label... a mere $14.99 per handle, and very good juice. Not anything like the Early Times swill I tested out this week.

Great bourbon at a great price, I could not agree more. :drunken:

ET is bourbon flavored vodka that belongs in coke.
Birdo

Unread postby 393foureyedfox » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:58 am

i keep wanting to pick up an OGD BIB and some fighting cock, but i seem to have settled into OGD 114 and KC 120. I have some other stuff around (VOB BIB and EW BIB) that i want to get through before bringing anything else home and open. Some guys want a whole bar of stuff open at home, I like to have about 5 or less open.
393foureyedfox

Unread postby GBrough » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:32 pm

393foureyedfox wrote:i keep wanting to pick up an OGD BIB and some fighting cock, but i seem to have settled into OGD 114 and KC 120. I have some other stuff around (VOB BIB and EW BIB) that i want to get through before bringing anything else home and open. Some guys want a whole bar of stuff open at home, I like to have about 5 or less open.

I know how that is man, i have some WT101, about 25% of my Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit, KC small batch, Angel's Envy, Macallan DIrectors Edition, Kirkland 20 Year Speyside Single Malt Scotch, Trader Joe's 10 year (only here for friends who dont know what is good), Singleton 12 year Single Malt Scotch, Seagrams 7 Whiskey so in a word to much of a good thing.

Tonight i am going to a scottish pub for a few good drams.
“A man can take a little bourbon without getting drunk, but if you hold his mouth open and pour in a quart, he's going to get sick on it."
GBrough

Unread postby Squire » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:46 pm

If I've got too many bottles open I need more drinking buddies.
Squire

Unread postby 393foureyedfox » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:59 am

GBrough wrote: Seagrams 7 Whiskey

if thats remotely similar to the quality i found in seagrams dark honey whiskey.....id just dump it out. that shit was beyond foul
393foureyedfox

Unread postby Squire » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:10 pm

Finished up the evening with some Old Grand Dad BIB.
Squire

Unread postby GBrough » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:55 pm

393foureyedfox wrote:
GBrough wrote: Seagrams 7 Whiskey

if thats remotely similar to the quality i found in seagrams dark honey whiskey.....id just dump it out. that shit was beyond foul

It is only good in ginger ale seagrams 7 whisk(e)y is only good with something else otherwise i consider it to be lackluster in the flavour department. Tonight is a flask of johnnie walker green label, excellent stuff i must say it taste like a single malt and it is not.
“A man can take a little bourbon without getting drunk, but if you hold his mouth open and pour in a quart, he's going to get sick on it."
GBrough

Unread postby 393foureyedfox » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:45 pm

Squire wrote:Finished up the evening with some Old Grand Dad BIB.

:wink:
393foureyedfox

Unread postby GBrough » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:29 pm

Some Elijah Craig 12 year on the rocks, with it hitting 110 this week it is the only way i will be drinking my bourbons, as for my scotch it will be consumed as usual.
GBrough

Unread postby Mike » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:24 pm

A little Weller (12 YO 90 Proof) and Weller (7 YO 107 Proof). A rich, yet soft mingling whose finish is slightly abbreviated, but quite acceptable. I like Weller stuff.

Fer the fun of it, I throwed it in the ring agin some Old Grand Dad. The Dad is always fit to fight. Old Grand Dad, he throw a sharper punch, but Old Weller, he feint and duck. Old Grand Dad he smoking with the rye, Old Weller, he thrashing with the wheat.

Me? I lay low........ and sneak a sip one at'er ut'er. Bourbon, wasn't I already done ruint, you would do me in fo sho.

P.S. My use of Southern vernacular is never meant to be disrespectful of anyone, it is because of its expressive power, and the creativity of those who made it that I use it. It has a powerful poetry built right in, and being a many generation Southerner, I take it to be a part of my heritage, and it is with pride that I use it. The folks who created the Blues, bent music and language to their needs, and, as far as I am concerned gave both to the world, and the world has been enriched immeasurably by both.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas
Mike

Unread postby GBrough » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:37 pm

some kentucky spirit with a nice cigar and the movie the untouchables tonight a good way to finish the night after a hard week.
GBrough

Unread postby devilscut » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:09 pm

Kentucky Spirit and a good cigar sounds like a great combination.
devilscut

Unread postby GBrough » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:13 pm

devilscut wrote:Kentucky Spirit and a good cigar sounds like a great combination.

kentucky spirit and anything is a good combination (except for salad).
GBrough

Unread postby 393foureyedfox » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:56 pm

probably try to finish off either the bottle of VOB BIB or OGD BIB. each one has a nights worth left in it, and i am not letting myself buy anything else until some of these nearly-empties are gone. currently, i dont plan to replace either, as i was kind of indifferent on both. good, but not great stuff.
393foureyedfox

PreviousNext

Return to Bourbon, Straight