Number, Please! (Or, How Big's Your Bunker)

Discuss any bourbon related topics here that do not belong in a forum below.

Moderator: Squire

Number, Please! (Or, How Big's Your Bunker)

Unread postby TNbourbon » Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:10 pm

I passed the century mark last week, stashing away my 100th different bourbon in my bunker. Including non-bourbon American whiskey, Canadian, and Scotch, I now have more than 125 different choices nightly. About 25 of them are open right now, and I finish 2-3 bottles a month (which is why they've accumulated so -- my inflow is outpacing my intake!).
Now, I know some of you have have even far more extensive lineups than that. So, give me a goal -- how many you got?

One storage 'bin':
Attachments
bourbontopshelves605.JPG
bourbontopshelves605.JPG (65.17 KiB) Viewed 5231 times
TNbourbon

Unread postby Brewer » Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:27 pm

Tim,

That's impressive! :cheers: I'm not sure how many bourbons, ryes, Irish, and Scotch I've got on hand. I'll have to check it out. Sorry Gary, but no Canadian whiskies on hand.
Bob
Brewer

Unread postby gillmang » Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:29 pm

Bob, buy a bottle of Canadian Club and add a tablespoon of peppermint candies to it. :)

Gary
gillmang
Vatman

Unread postby bourbonv » Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:07 pm

My liquor cabinet can be found for the most part in the tasting notes. I have another dozen or so I still have to taste and add and I do have some that you will not find on the list. I have a bottle of Old Charter bottled for the Japanese market that is actually Stitzel-Weller wheat bourbon in the bottle. I think they sold about three bottles in Japan! I have the Henry Clay and Joseph Finch as well. I am not a collector but If I have the opportunity to buy some old bourbons, I will do so.

Mike Veach
bourbonv

Unread postby angelshare » Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:44 am

We're still trailing you, Tim. We count 89 different bourbons, most of which are not particularly exotic or hard to find unless you live in the control state of VA :roll: . The vast majority of ours are open, however. Tina & I usually do a head-to-head comparison of two bourbons when we pour, so most of our bottles wind up open very quickly.
Dave & Tina
angelshare

Unread postby tlsmothers » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:55 pm

Party at TNBourbon bunker! Let's go, y'all!

I have much of my personal stash packed up due to house hell. I keep about 40 bottles open here at the store. You can see my store "bunker" of over 100 here: http://www.lenells.com/features/features_bourbon.php
"Drinking just to get drunk is like having sex just to get pregnant." --Robert Hess
tlsmothers

Return to Bourbon, Straight