Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameOld Crow
Bottled ByOld Crow Frankfort,Ky
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content100 Proof
Availability US: No Longer Available Japan: Not Available Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Not Available
Mashbill InfoNational Distillers
Age4
Views (since 20080612) 12148
Bottling InfoBottled in Bond

Review from scratchline (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 823, Created:20070821151706, Updated:20090517200956)
Purchased at:LA, California
Purchased for:$6.00
Info on this bottle:ND Bonded pint, Distilled Spring '70, Bottled Spring '79
Proof Of this Bottle:100
Nose:Molasses, dark chocolate, coffee, pecan pie filling, dark fruit maybe plum, some alcohol, a little wet wood but no mustiness. A big beautiful nose.
Taste:Follows up on the nose with a thick, rich mouthfeel and dark flavors. Plum, molasses spice cookie, cinnamon toast. Pleases everywhere on the tongue. A big beautiful taste.
Finish:Long. Sugar and spice in perfect balance. The sweetness melts into a cinnamon, chocolate spiciness. Some wood in the finish but absolutely no bitterness. A big beautiful finish.
Overall:One of the best. This is a dark mysterious whiskey. It is brown, not red, liquor. Molasses and chocolate dominate. It reminds me of the best SW I've had with a little something extra in the spice department. If you see Old Crow Bottled in Bond, buy it. Then pm me and I'll double your money. I love this whiskey and will put it against the most expensive bottle on my shelf.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from bourbonv (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 587, Created:20060923125317, Updated:20090517201100)
Purchased at:Gift from Scratchline, Purchased somewhere between Louisville and LA
Info on this bottle:Bottled in Bond Made Spring 1968, Bottled Fall 1973, 1 pint bottle
Proof Of this Bottle:100
Nose:This is a very nice nose. It gets better as it breathes. It starts with some nice corn sweetness with vanilla and spice - nutmeg, but gets more caramel until it is like a rich creme brule'. There is an underlying fruit aroma that is a background aroma - never dominate but always there. It is ripe apple or pears with just a hint of chocolate.
Taste:For a 100 proof bourbon there is no alcohol burn at all. There is a burst of rich caramel and vanilla with some apple fruit and nutmeg spice and just a hint of dates or bing cherry.
Finish:This bourbon has a finish that last for a long time, getting better as it goes. It starts with sweet caramel and spice but slowly changes to a little wood and dark chocolate. An excellent finish.
Overall:This is a real sipping bourbon. Very well balanced in flavor making it a good sip of bourbon either before dinner or after with dessert or a fine cigar. I would rather drink this bourbon than a Pappy 20 or 23.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews