Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameOld Forester Birthday Bourbon 2012
Bottled ByBrown-Forman Distillers Company Louisville,Ky
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content97 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Not Available Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Not Available
Age12
Views (since 20080612) 16923
Bottling Info

Review from Watson Roadster (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2171, Created:20130322172028, Updated:20130705224825)
Purchased at:LCBO Hamilton,Ontario
Purchased for:$69.95 CDN
Info on this bottle:Old Forester Birthday Bourbon...Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey...Barrelled 2000/Ltd. Bottling 2012
Nose:Rich caramel and vanilla...Brown sugar...Oak...I'm getting a bubble gum thing...Rock candy...Some barrel char...alcohol...The caramel can be smelled far away from the glass,by the way!
Taste:Wow!!The nose doesn't lie!!!Rich caramel and vanilla with an additional hit of brown sugar....Some corn sweetness...Then the oak and barrel char with some light rye spice...Delicious!!!
Finish:This a long lasting bourbon...The initial sweetness fades a bit and the wood tannins of the oak take over with the barrel char and rye spice.This lasts a good while...There's a hint of the bubble gum flavour I detected on the nose.It should be mentioned that there is very little alcohol burn considering the proof level.
Overall:This is some of the best bourbon I have ever tasted.This the Old Forester Signature amped up to the exponent of 10!!!Delicious intense flavours but nothing so overpowering that the others are muted.Visually,this is relatively dark,doubtless due to the time in the barrel.This is fairly expensive stuff and surely not to be intended as a daily pour.It is definately worth the price and will only be brought out on very special occasions.I'm a huge fan of Old Forester Signature and this iteration of OF Birthday Bourbon surpases that.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews