Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameParker's Heritage Collection Blend of Mashbills
Bottled ByHeaven Hill Distilleries, Inc. Bardstown,KY
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content127 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Not Available Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Not Available
Mashbill InfoThis is a blend of their traditional bourbon mashbill with rye and their wheated bourbon mashbill
Age11
Views (since 20080612) 26183
Bottling Info

Review from Mike (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2147, Created:20130116175357, Updated:20130117123028)
Purchased at:Sigman Bottle Shop, Conyers, GA
Purchased for:$99
Info on this bottle:Sixth Generation Parker's Heritage Collection
Nose:Leather, tobacco, and charred oak lead off, followed by caramel, rye, dried apricots, cinnamon, nutmeg......... all please the nose in a complex aromatic mix.
Taste:Straight from the bottle this bourbon is rich, sweet, and has a quite spicy bite........ not so alcoholic as its 131.6 proof would lead one to expect. Cut to around 105 proof the sweetness and the spice are not quite so distinct from each other, but both are still very bold and cling to the mouth like long lost brothers. The sweetness has fruity components........ apricots, peaches........ along with the vanilla, caramel, burnt wood, and tannins. The richness of this bourbon across a wide proof band is astounding........ I know, I tried it at several proofs, down to what I estimate to be 80 proof.
Finish:Unsurpassed in residual sweetness and spice in complete balance.
Overall:This bourbon has peers (most of whom are other Parker's Heritage bourbons), but I know of none that are superior. Yes, it costs $99...... but this is the best $99 I have spent in many moons. I suggest that even if you must mortgage the hen house (and the hens therin) to lay your hands on a bottle of this, DO IT, MAN, DO IT!

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from Bourbon Joe (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2121, Created:20121008145036)
Purchased at:A friend
Purchased for:$85.00
Nose:Rye spice, caramel, vanilla, faint fruit, oak
Taste:The rye spice tingles the tongue and the mouth fills with myriads of flavor. After a bit, the wheat takes over to provide a soft finish although still full of rye spice. Very well balanced. Great mouthfeel. Absolutely delicious.
Finish:Actually, the finish is somewhat short for a bourbon of this quality. It finishes softly but still contains a goodly amount of rye spice and fruit.
Overall:It's all in there. Caramel, vanilla, fruit, rye spice. Once again Heaven Hill and Parker have produced another stunning bourbon. Highly recommended.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from bourbonv (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2110, Created:20120823193140)
Purchased at:Gift from Distillery
Nose:This has an interesting and comlex nose. There is vanilla and caramel but only lightly as fruit and spice are the dominate aromas. Some fine leather and oak are hiding in the background.
Taste:This one has some bite to it at bottle strength. A drop of water will open it up a bit as at original proof it has a burn in the throat but still some fine flavors. There is vanilla and and pepper spice with some nice fruit flavors - hard to determine in the taste, but they really come out in the finish.
Finish:Candied fruit - pears and apricots with a hint of ripe apple. The wood tannins are their but only in the background. Tyhe finish lasts a long time.
Overall:This is a bourbon that I expect will change as it breaths giving it a multitude of nice flavors. I do know that the finish enhances a pipe full of tobacco. I highly recommend this bourbon.

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews