Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameElijah Craig 20yo single barrel
Bottled ByHeaven Hill Distilleries, Inc. Bardstown,KY
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content90 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Not Available Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Not Available
Age20
Views (since 20080612) 22991
Bottling Info

Review from bourbonv (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2100, Created:20120725182024) View discussion on this review.
Purchased at:Gift from distillery
Info on this bottle:Barrel 1 barreled3-13-91
Nose:Rich vanilla and caramel with a hint of milk chocolate. Oak wood and a hint of sweet spice. A very nice nose.
Taste:Very rich caramel and fruit - ripe apple or pear, with wood tannins - almost too much tannins, but not quite. Alittle nutmeg spice. The oak makes it a very pleasantly dry drink.
Finish:People who know me are going to be surprised here - I like the finish. It does not have that rotten peach flavor I always get in the Elijah Craig. This is very spicey sweet with a long dry oak finish that is very nice. The finish lingers just long enough to make you want another sip.
Overall:I like this version of Elijah Craig, or at least this barrel. It is a very good drink of bourbon that I think would go well with a steak or a dessert. I think it would be very good with a pipe full of tobacco or a good dark and flavorfull cigar.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews