Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameParker's Heritage Collection Barrel Finished
Bottled ByHeaven Hill Distilleries, Inc. Bardstown,KY
TypeWhiskey
Alcohol content100 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Not Available Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Not Available
Age10
Views (since 20080612) 22032
Bottling InfoThis is a 10yo straight bourbon finished for 6 months in cognac barrels.

Review from Mike (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2201, Created:20130626180348, Updated:20130628161530)
Purchased at:Sigman Bottle Shop, Conyers, GA
Purchased for:$79 (?)
Nose:A light and lightly floral nose which would make it hard for me to identify, absent knowing ahead what it is. A whiff of rye and vanilla bespeak some bourbon presence. Interesting and very nice to someone who loves cognac.
Taste:The fruity delicacy offsets any barrel richness and offers something in its stead. After only six months in the cognac barrel, it is surprising how much influence the cognac has. The spice is subdued, but fidgets about with the palate. The heat comes from the 100 proof.
Finish:Quite long, and a bit hot. The cognac derived sweetness carries through to the end.
Overall:I like this a lot, the Parker's Heritage Collection has been a tremendous winner for Heaven Hill! I think I have had all but maybe one of them, and all that I have had are truly of exceptional quality, an advantage of having an experienced Master Distiller in the house. I recommend this spirit heartily, but put aside any prejudices before you open the bottle.

However, I think the delicacy of this spirit is disturbed by the 100 proof. I cut the proof to around 90 and found it to be even better. I take my mind out of bourbon gear and I take my mind out of cognac gear, and I just enjoy the spirit in my glass. It has the delicacy of cognac and the wildness of bourbon.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from bourbonv (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1989, Created:20110927183239, Updated:20110929091853)
Purchased at:distillery
Info on this bottle:finished for 6 months in cognac barrels
Nose:Caramel and vanilla with a hint of floral tones and honey. There is a slight fruitiness to the aroma that states this is not an ordinary bourbon.
Taste:Vanilla and fruit - raisins and pears, not hardly any spice but some tannins from the oak. A very light flavor with no alcohol burn but some wood bitternes.
Finish:Mostly sweet at first but it gets dry very quick as wood tannins come into play.
Overall:I am not a big fan of wine finished bourbons. Yes I know cognac is a spirit, not a wine but it is a fruity flavor. In this case the bourbon still comes through fine and the fruit from the cognac is light, but does add some interest to the product. I like this better than the Jim Beam product from about 15 years ago, but I still think I would rather have the bourbon without the corruption. I guess I am just a person who prefers straight bourbon.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews