Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameAngel's Envy
TypeBourbon
Alcohol content86.6 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Not Available Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Not Available
Mashbill InfoBourbon finished in a Port Wine Cask
Age0
Views (since 20080612) 56165
Bottling Info

Review from gillmang (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2016, Created:20111221042753, Updated:20111221043437)
Purchased at:?
Purchased for:?
Info on this bottle:Purchased in Florida, a gift
Nose:Some typical bourbon notes, on the light side, reminded me too of an American brandy
Taste:Very rounded and appealing, non-citrus-type fruity, some young corn underneath but well-melded.
Finish:Pleasant, no tannic bite
Overall:I give this a high rating. Few new releases really cut a swath: this one is different, IMO. I think a similar treatment to a rye whiskey would be as good, maybe better.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from Mike (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2003, Created:20111024185208, Updated:20111024185334)
Purchased at:KY
Purchased for:Don't recall - think it was in the $50 range
Nose:Rye, oak, touch of ginger, walnuts and other nuts, and organo/earthy aromas of indeterminant origin. Not a particularly enticing nose....... not at all what I was expecting!! The port aromas are faint and detectable only because I know they are supposed to be there.
Taste:Pleasant, but attenuated bourbon flavors upfront that yield some nice spicy/gingery bite at mid-palate. There are some hints of the port wine sweetness with its grape heritage (I often enjoy port wine and have some familiarity with its flavors).
Finish:Moderate to long with some lingering wine components.
Overall:This is drinkable and likeable whiskey............. but, port and bourbon are each better on their own ground (to my palate). I have done mixings of these spirits in the past that (at the time) seemed fine, but now I think this does not improve either of these spirits and is an effort to enhance sales with (as vodka and rum have done) with novelty.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from bourbonv (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1877, Created:20101019190538)
Purchased at:Sample from Wes Henderson
Info on this bottle:Bourbon whiskey with a Port Wine Finish
Nose:Corn and vanilla with some fruit notes. There is a hint of fine leather and oak but not a strong oak. I expect this to be a 6 to 8 year old bourbon. The fruits are a wine fruit - mostly grape but a hint of dates or cherries.
Taste:A good strong bourbon flavor with vanilla and sweet corn with some spice - cinnamon and nutmeg with a bit of the port wine fruitiness. A bit of oak wood comes through on the end and lasts into the finish
Finish:Long and fruity sweet with a bit of oak dryness. It is really quite balanced.
Overall:I am not a big fan of wine finished bourbon, but I like this one better than any others I have tried. I like this because they did not let the port wine get too strong - there is a hint of the wine that compliments the bourbon, but it does not dominate the flavor. I suspect this was a very good bourbon before the port wine finish and would love to try some of the bourbon from before the wine finish. Still, I would say that Lincoln and Wes have done a good job with this product.

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews