Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameWoodford Reserve Masters Collection Seasoned Oak Finish
Bottled ByBrown-Forman Distillers Company Louisville,Ky
TypeBourbon
Alcohol content100.4 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Not Available Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Not Available
Age1
Views (since 20080612) 39429
Bottling Info

Review from Mike (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1979, Created:20110709193512)
Purchased at:Sigman Bottle Shop, Conyers, GA
Purchased for:$90
Info on this bottle:Woodford Reserve Master's Collection Maple Wood Finish
Nose:Wood, rye, caramel (maple?) open up the aromatic game. A hint of an acrid aroma sallies forth to be reckoned with. Interesting, different, and enticing in an exotic way. After a while something akin to the aromas of Cognac make a brief, but distinct appearance, adding yet another layer to the complexity.
Taste:A sophisticated, almost delicate sweetness that justifies the maple greets the tongue, immediately followed by the dry metallic twang found in the other MC bourbons. But the twang does not own this bourbon, leaving room for sweetness to the end.
Finish:Somewhat dry and moderate, decaying slowly.
Overall:I prefer this MC bourbon over the others I have tried. It is interesting and different in a challenging way. I like it, especially for an experimental bourbon.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from Bourbon Joe (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1793, Created:20100119070700)
Purchased at:PALCB
Purchased for:$102 with tax
Info on this bottle:Batch 5
Nose:This is probably the darkest colored bourbon I have ever seen.
The nose was candy red hots and not much else.
Taste:The taste was all candy red hots and not much else.
Finish:Not an impressive finish.
Overall:I paid a good buck for this bottle and was dissapointed by it. It probably won't be the last time. I have heard that other batches were better.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews