Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameClemintine
Bottled ByHeaven Hill Distilleries, Inc. Bardstown,KY
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content101 Proof
Availability US: Not Available Japan: Not Available Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Available
Age8
Views (since 20080612) 20708
Bottling InfoDBA for Heaven Hill: County Line Distillers

Review from Dump Bucket (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1713, Created:20091004162919, Updated:20091019151020)
Purchased at:Japan
Purchased for:$15-20
Info on this bottle:Clementine - Bottled by Countyh Line Distillers, Bardstown, KY
Nose:It has a thinker than normal HH nose. Eucalyptus, Floral and other herbs, but there is a little extra in the backbone. Earth and lumber. Almost a Brown-Forman touch.
Taste:The Eucalyptus and other floral notes are there. The earthy wood in the mid pallet. Taste pretty good.
Finish:This is where I hit the HH guess well. Everything about this reminds me of one of more of the Evan William SBs. Good bourbon - worth ~20 for an 8 yr 101 proof.
Overall:I will have Jeff move this once the Label is added.

I would probably not purchase this again. Not because it is bad, just because it is OK and it is not worth the extra $$$ for shipping. Go get a HH 8yr 101 proof product and you will know what I have here.

Update. This opened up to be a great bourbon. After I let it sit over night, it opened up with a full range of additional notes. After 2 days there was thicknes, richness and complexity that was lacking on day 0 and day 1. If the bottle lasts the rest of the week, I would be shocked...

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews