Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameOld Forester '75th Anniversary of Repeal'
Bottled ByBrown-Forman Distillers Company Louisville,Ky
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content100 Proof
Availability US: Unknown Japan: Not Available Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Not Available
Age13
Views (since 20080612) 23231
Bottling Info

Review from BuffaloBill (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1745, Created:20091106184544)
Purchased at:NH
Purchased for:$20 (last call for Repeal bottles)
Info on this bottle:O.F. Repeal 75th Anniversary
Nose:Vanilla, fruit, butterscotch, slight citrus edge, jammy fruit compote.
Taste:It's lean and mean with a twist of bright citrus and honey.
Finish:Fiery with a clean almost antiseptic quality. Quick clean burn, nothing lingers.
Overall:Ya know, I'll miss it... they all had a great nose except one bottle that went a tad off, and i bought at least a half dozen bottles from different lots. Personally, I happened to like this Bourbon; others had mixed reactions. Like Rock Hill, it had to breathe for a few days, weeks, with a little air before it came to peak. Straight out of a new bottle it didn't speak. BB

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from BuffaloBill (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1460, Created:20090205161158, Updated:20090728130404)
Purchased at:MA
Purchased for:$25
Info on this bottle:Old Forester 75th Anniversary Repeal of Prohibition
Nose:I allowed for this bottle to breathe over time (no nitro) and the vanilla is really popping along with more resin and refined complexity.
Taste:Melon and exotic fruits with a twist of mixed citrus peel and honey.
Finish:Bright and sparky. X-tra clean around the gums. Tingling.
Overall:More than a month later, perhaps five weeks (opened) and this bottle is peaking. Super-fine citrus notes, wood resins, more residual sugars coming the the surface, with some underlying honey notes; mellow fruit, apricot, and something salty/special that's really hard to pin down amongst the rye. Good stuff, fresh and lively. Fun bourbon. BB

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from BuffaloBill (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1439, Created:20090120152410, Updated:20090728130339)
Purchased for:$25
Info on this bottle:O.F. 75TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE REPEAL OF PROHIBITION (limited release)
Nose:Fruit, tea, with an edge of ethanol and rye.
Taste:It's a taste sensation and strong on flavor. I like the crisp/clean edge. Sassy, almost grassy with a sense of bravado.
Finish:Clean and dry.
Overall:A touch of camphor comes about, up and above the fruit with the slightest of butterscotch and nuttiness. Chris Morris, I salute you. Every time I try this, I love it. It's special. BB

Review from BuffaloBill (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1396, Created:20081220121349, Updated:20090728130317) View discussion on this review.
Purchased for:$25 = 375ml
Info on this bottle:O.F. 75TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE REPEAL OF PROHIBITION (limited release)
Nose:A week ago during the ice storm of the century here in MA we lost power for a week. All I had was the latest bottle of Repeal Bourbon while staying at the Hotel Northampton waiting for the lights to come back on in Central Mass. IMHO: It made my weekend - thank you Chris Morris! We're talking GREAT BOURBON.
Taste:The texture and mouth-feel alone is worth the price of this bottle. Flavors? It hits the mark all the way around... ready to drink, quick to open. I liked it as much and in some ways more than the 2007 OFBB.
Finish:Bourbon with a kick !!!
Overall:I put on some Tim McGraw, tossed off my boots, and the next thing I knew - half the bottle was gone. A-oh... then the woman stole it from me. Five days later the lights came back on in Central Massachusetts. I got lucky, because Fitchburg is still without power after 10 days in the dark. BB

Review from bourbonv (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1331, Created:20081028191940, Updated:20090728130130) View discussion on this review.
Purchased at:Party Mart on Brownsboro Road
Purchased for:23.99
Info on this bottle:75th Anniversary of Repeal bottle, 10years old
Nose:Fruit and spice - Apples with a hint of citrus fruit and sweet spices like nutmeg and cloves with a hint of alspice. Caramel and wood are hiding in the background, but the fruit and spice dominate the nose.
Taste:Sweet spices and citrus fruit followed by a little caramel and wood. It has a nice mouth feel with no burn but a little heat in the throat. It is like a holiday ham glazed with oranges and cloves or a Christmas spice cookie with a bit of orange zest in the recipe.
Finish:The finish is long and sweet with the spices slowly giving away to a fine leather and oak finish. I think the finish may be the best part of this bourbon. It leaves me wanting another taste
Overall:This is a good bourbon to drink neat. It is a good one to have by a fire or with a good cigar. I am having a Cohiba with this one, so excuse me while I go light one up and drink a toast to Linn for sending me the cigar. I think I have a good pairing.

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews