Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameParker's Heritage Collection 'Golden Anniversary'
Bottled ByHeaven Hill Distilleries, Inc. Bardstown,KY
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content100 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Unknown Duty Free: Unknown Europe: Unknown
Age0
Views (since 20080612) 27642
Bottling InfoThis bourbon was created to celebrate the 50 years of service Parker Beam has given to Heaven Hill Distillery. The bourbon is made using bourbon from all five decades of Parker's service.

Review from vince (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1881, Created:20101103091059)
Purchased at:At the distillery
Purchased for:$200
Nose:The nose is subdued but complex. It starts with cocoa and wood and after five minutes out of the bottle you get a premium dark chocolate blast. After another 10 minutes you begin to smell anise and celery with it gradually moving to a ctrius rind (grapefruit and orange). Amazingly complex
Taste:Great balance of bitter with sweetness. the entry offers the cocoa and chocolate with some wood and char. The midpalate offers some leather, corn sweetness and anise.
Finish:Long lingering finish with some grapefruit rind, corn and cocoa. Very well balanced with great complexity
Overall:Well, I opened this bottle last night to celebrate my 50th birthday. I thought it was appropriate. This is an amazing bourbon. A little subdued on the nose but ever evolving both on the nose and the palate. Another masterpiece by Parker!

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from bunghole (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1794, Created:20100120180405)
Purchased at:Gift from Mike of Georgia
Purchased for:Brotherhood.
Nose:Color is a medium amber with a polished copper cast. Viscosity is very oily and clings to the sides of the glass before the legs slowly decend. A really nice looking bourbon.
The nose is elusive, and difficult to analyze. Vanilia and nugut are right out front along with a little char and something fruity - maybe apple, but very faint. It all smells good, with nothing off.
Taste:Well amalgamated candy tones with no singular standout. Some charred oak, but not much. It does taste good, but defies further breakdown.
Finish:Slightly tannic. Pepper arrives. Medium duration with a drying oaken decay.
Overall:Because this expression is a vatting of so many different straight bourbons from the past 50 years of Parker Beam's career it tends to taste more like a very high quality blend rather than the straight bourbon that it is. It tastes good, but is not nearly as good as the original release of Parker's Heritage.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from Mike (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1769, Created:20091203193409, Updated:20091203202037)
Purchased at:Sigman Bottle Shop, Conyers, GA
Purchased for:$145
Info on this bottle:Parker's Heritage Collection Golden Anniversary
Nose:A shy nose for a 100 proof bourbon. A bit of nuts, leather, caramel, rye, and whiff of char and oak. More time reveals a hint of orange. Subtle and pleasingly soft. As soft a bourbon nose as I can recall. I am unsure what to expect of the taste, but the nose can be compared to a finely nuanced stew where the spices have lost all individual identity but contribute beautifully to the overall aroma.
Taste:An opening gambit of fine rich smooth sweetness of the same caliber as Belgian Chocolates........from another planet. The deep, dark, chocolaty sweetness and the mint/pepper spice have a pleasant discussion........neither raising its voice and coming in the end to a fortuitous agreement toward the back of the mouth. So well balanced in its subtle sweetness and its warm (not hot) cleansing spice that (because it is minty) it cools the mouth in the end.
Finish:Long, sweet, warm, and oh, so cool!!
Overall:God's own stuff! The experience of sipping this bourbon is beyond the power of words to convey. For the true bourbon lover, worth every penny of the cost. Orders of magnitude better than all but a handful of bourbons. Parker Beam is a National Hero!

Review from bourbonv (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1635, Created:20090719151950, Updated:20090719153251)
Purchased at:Gift from Heaven Hill
Purchased for:Free, but $150.00 SRP
Proof Of this Bottle:100
Nose:A very light nose. There is a hint of sweetness - honey and caramel - and some spice hiding in the far background, only coming out after it is warmed in the hands for a few minutes.
Taste:The taste certainly makes a liar out of the nose. It is very complex in taste with an initial bust of mint and caramel that gets a little peppery spiciness as it is swallowed. There is no fire in this drink but the pepper spices does make the throat pleasantly warm. There does note seem to be any fruit in the initial taste, but as it transforms into the finish...
Finish:This is a long and lasting finish that shows the real complexity of this bourbon. Take a sip and let the finish do its magic! It starts with sweet caramel and maybe a hint of maple. It then starts having a peppery spice build up until it becomes a nice dry oak wood with some fruit tones - sweet and very ripe baked apple with a little spice on the apple.
Overall:Wow! This is a great bourbon. I enjoy this by itself and I would never mix this with anything - even water. Leave off the ice - the cold simply numbs your taste buds and you want them all active for this experience. I would consider this a great bourbon for a pipe full of tobacco, but then again, I want good clean taste buds for this bourbon to its dance upon.

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews