Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameRebel Yell
Bottled ByUnited Distillers ,
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content80 Proof
Availability US: No Longer Available Japan: Not Available Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Not Available
Mashbill InfoSW wheated
Age4
Views (since 20080612) 23746
Bottling Info

Review from Birdo (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1972, Created:20110612195203, Updated:20110613103557)
Purchased at:Evergreen Liquors Louisville KY
Purchased for:$9.99/ 750ml
Nose:Sweet, corn, alcohol
Taste:Light flavor, vanilla, oak. Youngish and lacking in color
Finish:Smooth, easy, no bitterness, short finish
Overall:Smooth, easy drinker with a nice flavor. Hardly a rebel rouser as the name implies. I avoided Rebel Yell because of the gimmicky name. I like it. Probably the same stuff as WL Weller SR, a sister bourbon also from Buffalo Trace. Excellent value. Wheat bourbons, like this, are great on the patio in the summer. Cheap enough to dump in soda for those that do that. Dare I say similar to Makers Mark at less than half the price??? I do.

That said, this bottle of Rebel Yell is for guests and I intend to use it their bourbon and coke.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from whiskeybreath (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1945, Created:20110325232136, Updated:20110404010854)
Purchased at:Lillie's Package liquor store
Purchased for:$11 @ 4/5th
Info on this bottle:1980s vintage
Nose:Vanilla, yeast and a bit of maple.
Taste:Slightly oily, leather and burley. Couldn't believe this was a 80 proof wheater.
Finish:Zero burn. Zero. Like drinking a mild maple syrup with a tiny bit of cinnamon. Left a butter pecan taste in my mouth.
Overall:Over the many years, I have drank enough whiskey to sink a battleship in {and I have the CT scans to prove it too!}. This bottle was in my top five of all times, it was that good. I held a little ceramony for the fallen soldier {empty bottle} when it poured it's last. I was truly saddened. I was selfish with this one. Like a jealous lover, I didn't share it with anybody else but me {out of character}.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from Dump Bucket (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1529, Created:20090409205752, Updated:20090525083831)
Purchased at:
Purchased for:Thank you Howie
Info on this bottle:1985
Nose:Spice and vanilla in this nose. This has the characteristics of the other RY, but must deeper???. WOW, great stuff. I sense the SW in here???. Ready for a sip.
Taste:Smooth vanilla with nice cookie spices ??? There are some touches of nuts maybe pecans,
Finish:Sweet sugar water, light vanilla, some toffee???. and it lasts a long time for a 90 proofer???
Overall:The more this opens, the better it gets and it started off very good. There is some butterscotch that is there as well.

Thank you Howie...

Review from spun_cookie (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1141, Created:20080614021419, Updated:20090525083931)
Purchased at:G Gilbert
Info on this bottle:1985 time frame
Nose:Maple and vanilla cream
Taste:Sweet maple, vanilla and nice syrupy tones
Finish:little pine,/oak, smooth with a turn to a date/prune like ending.. another fun bourbon
Overall:this is from a time that all bourbons were good, the world was at piece and we danced on the sugarcane mountains

Review from bourbonv (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 204, Created:20050626131154, Updated:20090525083957)
Purchased at:Thanks Howie
Info on this bottle:Mid 1980's Stitzel-Weller bottle.
Proof Of this Bottle:90
Nose:Sweet vanilla and corn with a little Hickory wood. There is a little apricot fruit and maple syrup aromas hiding in the background.
Taste:Sweet vanilla and apricots with a little pecan and mint. Very smooth with no alcohol burn and a good clean finish.
Finish:Sweet fruit and vanilla with a hint of hickory wood dryness. Long lasting and pleasant.
Overall:This is a classic bourbon that can still be found in many liquor stores. Look for the cavalier on the old style label - you will not regret purchasing it! This bourbon is sipping whiskey at its finest and goes good with any occasion from a campfire in the woods to an after dinner drink at a formal dinner party.

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews