Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameW L Weller Centennial
Bottled ByBuffalo Trace Distillery Frankfort,KY
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content100 Proof
Availability US: No Longer Available Japan: Not Available Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Not Available
Mashbill InfoWheated
Age10
Views (since 20080612) 17532
Bottling Info

Review from Mike (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2095, Created:20120710163612, Updated:20120710163849) View discussion on this review.
Purchased at:Sigman Bottle Shop, Conyers, GA
Purchased for:$30
Nose:Rich in corn, nuts, vanilla, soft oak, leather and tobacco, nutmeg, and orange peel. This lady reeks of decadence and sinful luxury. Just a wonderful nose. Looking forward to the sip!
Taste:Wow! She drips sensuous honey and orange marmelade from the corner of her mouth while she performs a thick, rich, and creamy barrel infused exotic dance in the mouth. There is a very nice balance here and a mingling of complex flavors for which the best wheat bourbons are justly renowned. Just plain great bourbon.
Finish:The extraordinary thickness and heavy body of this lady make her a temptress for a nice long time.
Overall:In rearranging me liquor shelves recently, I came across some 16 YO Black Maple Hills and this 10 YO wonder. I had forgotten that I had either. I must have put them back to keep for the proper moment, and it has arrived. This is a bit like winning a bourbon lottory. This is unfortunately unavailable now and what a shame. I know of few bourbons out today that can stay on the dance floor with this beauty. Every bit the equal, in my opinion, of any Stiztel Weller Bourbon of the past......... Buffalo Trace, please do this one again!!

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from BuffaloBill (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1994, Created:20111005184035)
Purchased at:Julio's
Purchased for:$30
Info on this bottle:W. L. Weller (13 Year Juiio's Bottling)
Nose:I'm going to miss this... in a big way. Last bottle... love, love, love. The best of everything!
Taste:Soft, silky, fruit to the hilt! Perfectly balanced.
Finish:Delayed to bright. De-crecendo.
Overall:This was Julio's TEN! FIVE STAR BOURBON to the Nth degree. ***** BB

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from BuffaloBill (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1441, Created:20090120161313, Updated:20090518133024) View discussion on this review.
Purchased at:Westboro, MA = Julio's
Purchased for:$30ish
Info on this bottle:W. L. Weller (13 Year Juiio's Bottling)
Nose:A rare medley of exotic fruit meets grain, subtle citrus and lemon peel. The slightest nuttiness, along with orange marmalade and toffee.
Taste:I haven't had this since last September and it still remains one of my all-time favorites. With only one bottle left I'm ready to cry. I should have bought a case-plus...
Finish:Dry and sultry. Keeps you wanting more... great anytime.
Overall:5-Stars. May God bless me someday with another bottle. Cheers to Ryan! BB

Review from spun_cookie (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1073, Created:20080429100049, Updated:20090518133048)
Purchased at:Julios Liquor, Mass
Purchased for:$32
Info on this bottle:13yr, special botteling for Julios
Proof Of this Bottle:100
Nose:Vanilla, some cherries, light fruit and then butterscotch that lasts the life of the glass.
Taste:Smooth, no hit of alcohol. At 100 proof, this drinks much lighter. It has a very creamy taste of butter and butterscotch with good vanilla. There is some very light oak to it, but just as perfect as can be.
Finish:Finish will push out to a minute or longer if I can wait long enough before taking another sip. The vanilla pops up and then blends to a perfect butterscotch ride almost like a butterscotch Sunday with a little fruit (cherries and red delicious apples) along as well.
Overall:I was only kidding about the three in a row, but I went through two of the Weller Centennials from Julios, so I think it is fair to post now.

Of the three I have notes on, this one is the best. The others were good and I really liked them, this one was good enough to buy 24 for long term planning.

I will continue to add to this set of notes for a while :o)

Review from bourbonv (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 475, Created:20060426092615, Updated:20090518133144)
Purchased at:Bourbon's Bistro Bar
Purchased for:10.00
Info on this bottle:Standard Bottle
Proof Of this Bottle:100
Nose:Sweet caramel and corn with fine aged tobacco, apple fruit and oak.
Taste:Sweet apple fruit and caramel with a little pecan and oak wood.
Finish:Nice fruity sweet to start leading to a nice oak finish.
Overall:Great Bourbon neat.

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews