Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameJ. W. Dant
Bottled ByUnited Distillers ,
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content86 Proof
Availability US: No Longer Available Japan: Not Available Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Not Available
Mashbill InfoSchenley
Age4
Views (since 20080612) 12966
Bottling Info

Review from drinkdrankdrunk (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1785, Created:20091231144428, Updated:20091231144604)
Purchased at:The Source (You know)
Purchased for:$45
Info on this bottle:1969 American Legion 10 Year Old
Nose:Sweet corn, spice, no burn in the nose, brown sugar. The aroma jumped out of the bottle like it's been fighting to get out since 1969. I figured, 40yrs in the bottle....it's about time.
Taste:Lots of oily, creamy corn. Kinda fruity with lots of sweetness. Just the right amount of spice. The simple positive characteristics of this bourbon come together in harmony so well. There are more layers that need to be uncovered though.
Finish:The finish is where the fruit comes in and with a slight dry oakiness at the very end of what seems to be a moderatly long finish.
Overall:This is another one of those thick, buttery bourbons that I like from the 70's era. I sought this particular bottle out, 'cause it's what my Grandpa drank up until he passed in the early 80's. It took a long time to find the 10 year and I'm glad I did. I understand why he drove over an hour to Dallas a couple times a year to buy this a case at a time.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from JoeBourbon (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 277, Created:20050926164539, Updated:20090517192841)
Purchased at:E-Bay
Purchased for:11.00
Info on this bottle:J.W. Dant Decanter (1969) Tax Stamped (not legible) 10 years old
Proof Of this Bottle:86
Nose:Caramel, Roasted Corn, Cherries and Ripe Fruit. Not very alcoholic. I could have kept my nose in the snifter all night.
Taste:Good, solid mouth feel. VERY balanced. Cherries and ripe fruit showing through to the finish. Not alcoholic at all but a nice warm sense on the palate.
Finish:Excellent long finish. One pour is not enough.
Overall:Nothing at all unpleasant with this bourbon. I don't know what modern Dant tastes like but I can't believe it is ANYTHING like this stuff. If I could, I'd fill the bunker with this bourbon. It's that good.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews