Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameWild Turkey
Bottled ByAustin Nichols Distilling Co. Lawrenceburg,KY
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content86.8 Proof
Availability US: No Longer Available Japan: Not Available Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Not Available
Age0
Views (since 20080612) 16101
Bottling Info

Review from VaderTime (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1981, Created:20110728041854, Updated:20110728042148)
Purchased at:Taipei, Taiwan
Purchased for:~5.85 for 200ml
Info on this bottle:No. 8 Bottled Dec 1993 and May 1994, 200ml
Nose:Just glorious.
Taste:Tastes great!
Finish:The 1993 bottles ends with a cinnamon kick, but it is not as sharp as the recent export 8 year 101 I have. The 1994 bottle ends with a creamy taste, it is wonderful. Scotch drinker friends of mine love when I show up with a couple 200mls of this. One guy offered to trade me JW Blue and I declined.
Overall:There are at least 3 cases of this juice floating around Taiwan. I have bought all the 1994 I can (i think there were at least 2 cases of this). 1 case I bought was still in the original box, well molded and rotten. The 1993 lot is new on the shelves of the same big box store, I just noticed it and am in the process of buying it all. Good times and a happy dusty find in the Far East. Honestly all the other bourbon I can get my hands on in Taiwan pales in comparison, especially the 1994 lot.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from Dump Bucket (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1566, Created:20090518014056)
Purchased at:dougdogs bunker
Purchased for:free taste
Info on this bottle:7yr, 1970s
Nose:What a nose. This is hard to believe is a 86 proof bourbon. Lots of earch, lumber spice and good old turkey
Taste:Everything the nose is and more. Lots of earth and leather. Good spice with a touch of vanilla with the leather.
Finish:Spice and leather followed buy some oak and vanilla. Just great all the way to the end
Overall:Not sure what this was designed to compete with, because it stands alone to me in the 86 proof range. What a treat. This is more earthyy than the 86.8s I have at home

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews