Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameEarly Times
Bottled ByEarly Times Distilling Co. Shively,Ky
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content80 Proof
Availability US: No Longer Available Japan: Not Available Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Available
Age4
Views (since 20080612) 21885
Bottling Info

Review from dickelfanaustralia (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2080, Created:20120604084227)
Purchased at:
Info on this bottle:cj466
Nose:good fresh corn, lolly sweetness but seems savory. vanilla wood. clean.
Taste:sweat and juicy just like a gummy bear lolly. nice and grainy. Excellent mixed. little hot and sour tart on tongue straight. No rough edges. Seems all integrated. And so dam clean.
Finish:soft treads of barrel. clean. says in the throat. sticky and grainy. Almost savory. not actually sweet. it takes it time to start pulling your checks in.
Overall:one reviewer said gummy bears before i tried it. Yep it's like a gummy bear. old grand dad is like a orange jelly bean. Like old grand dad it's not actually sweet all all. and it's clean. It elegant and clean.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from emdoc (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2000, Created:20111008011734)
Purchased at:The Biggest Little City
Purchased for:not too much
Info on this bottle:not my first, not my last
Nose:lots of oak, like a man's drink
Taste:sweet like apple juice but earthy like bourbon
Finish:ahead of the rest
Overall:great highball, always the right choice.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from gillmang (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 549, Created:20060725123926, Updated:20090517192131)
Purchased at:Small deli/liquor store in San Francisco
Purchased for:18.00
Info on this bottle:Red tax stamp, quart, 70's vintage
Proof Of this Bottle:80
Nose:Quite light, like Mike states below for his
Taste:Very soft in the palate, pillowy and clean with good corn flavours and a scattering of teaberry smoke/char decay at the end. Very drinkable neat, like a VSOP cognac but in bourbon. Lovely drink. No fruitiness.
Finish:Echos of the taste, pleasant, no tannic edge, justa light barrel effect remaining
Overall:Very high rating. Mike's review of the current export sounds similar but I think mine is better because it is fairly complex while still being subtle and mild. You can see the connection to WR and Forester of today but the Early Times is less aggressive, rounder, much more integrated.

Review from bourbonv (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 118)
Purchased at:Gift from Lincoln Henderson
Info on this bottle:Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whisky bottled for the Japanese market
Proof Of this Bottle:80
Nose:Corn silk and light oak tones. This product has a light nose, very simple and clean.
Taste:Corn with wonderful caramel and a hint of coconut. Very smooth with no alcohol burn. Everytime I drink this I wish they would offer it in the U.S.A.
Finish:Clean and sweet. A little caramel ank oak that is nice, but short.
Overall:This is a good bourbon to drink when you want something light and easy. It is a pleasant drink that would lend itself well to a bourbon and coke while watching a ballgame or straight up as a palate cleanser after a spicy meal.

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews