Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameOld Hickory
Bottled ByContinental Distilling Co. Linfield,PA
TypeStraight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content86 Proof
Availability US: No Longer Available Japan: Not Available Duty Free: No Longer Available Europe: No Longer Available
Mashbill InfoPublicker
Age10
Views (since 20080612) 11049
Bottling InfoMade in Pennsylvania at Continental Distilling's original plant.

Review from Kinsey Worker (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1686, Created:20090912212956, Updated:20090912213203)
Purchased at:given me by My Old Friend Ludy
Info on this bottle:10 yr old bottled in 1961
Nose:Sweet Wood Corn and malt smells come out it has a very Pleasant smell I could almost just smell it and enjoy it!
Taste:Sweet and nice spice with some wood and malt in the flavor it seems to just be doing things flavor wise to your taste in your mouth the whole time it is there. It is Very Flavorful and If it was still available I would fill my bunker with it. Having worked for the Company I feel very proud of this Whiskey
Finish:Going down it has lots of Power but it is smooth and sweet also its flavor hangs on long after it is gone down.
Overall:This batch was bottled in Our Old Bigler Street Plant in 1961 in Phila and this is as excelent a 10 yr Old Whiskey as Possible in Flavor Quality and full Power. I have always thought that the Old hickory we made could go Head to Head with any other Whiskey

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews