Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameWild Turkey 8 yr "Old Label"
Bottled ByAustin Nichols Distilling Co. Lawrenceburg,KY
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content101 Proof
Availability US: No Longer Available Japan: Not Available Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Not Available
Age8
Views (since 20080612) 10352
Bottling Infoavailable up to 1992

Review from Dump Bucket (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1697, Created:20090920190628)
Purchased at:Near LA airport
Purchased for:$25ish, but worth much more
Info on this bottle:1989
Nose:what bourbonis suppose to be. Corn, craem, rye, earth, leather and a perfect balance of all things bourbon - includign vanilla and some chocolate.
Taste:Makes it hard to smell because I cannot keep myself from drinking it.
Finish:not sure. I keep drinking as soon as I swallow. I feel like a good country girl :)
Overall:Nothing like great turkey. As an odd statment, the 91-early 93 is the best of teh 80s and 90s turkey, which is against the standard "old er is better" theory... but, then again... it blows the new juice out of the water....

The closest thing I can find to the old 8 yr is the $45-55 bottles of WTKS - if you ever see an old label WT 8yr - get it!!! or tell me where you left it.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from Dump Bucket (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1563, Created:20090517135305)
Purchased at:Hawaii
Purchased for:$9.89
Info on this bottle:1991, 375 ml
Nose:Earth, baked goods, everything that is bourbon. The vanilla nd baked confections that come from this bourbon confuse the mind... Current WT has nothing on this juice... hard to beleive they are the same.
Taste:Everything that is in teh nose is here. The leather wraps the bakery with a nice taste leading into the finish that just screams bourbon.
Finish:Long. Well over a minut. Glasses of this just vanish and I do not know where they ave gone. The leather mixes with the vanilla, baekry spices and a caramel twist that is very pleasant.
Overall:This is my benchmark bourbon. I measure everything I drink against this juice and it is very hard to beet.

The flavors are so rich and penetrating I think I could live with this one bourbon alone.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews