Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameVintage Bourbon
Bottled ByKentucky Bourbon Distillers, Ltd. Bardstown,KY
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content94 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Unknown Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Unknown
Age17
Views (since 20080612) 17019
Bottling InfoImage courtesy of the KY Bourbon Distiller's Website

Review from lovin.what.angels.leave (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1913, Created:20101229204332)
Purchased at:liquor barn, lexington ky
Purchased for:60 usd
Info on this bottle:17 yr
Nose:[Olfactory impressions]let bottle breathe for half hour. wonderful vanilla and caramel note. very sugary.
Taste:[Description of the initial taste impression]1st pour, 1 ice cube: vanilla and caramel from nose appeared immediately. very little bite. smooth. sweetness was fleeting, transitioning into an earthy, over leathery bitterness that unbalanced the sip, and subsequently, the first pour. 2nd pour, 1 ice cube: let ice melt a bit, which helped to dissipate some of that bitterness. familiar vanilla and caramel transitioning to find some apricot and an appropriate level of oak for 17 yo. leather still there, but toned down. 2nd pour very nicely balanced.
Finish:[Description of the lingering taste impression]a touch dry, which i prefer. medium length. ever eaten a red delicious apple outdoors? quite enjoyable!
Overall:[Overall impression of this bottling]don't know what happened on 1st pour. didn't let bottle breathe long enough? didn't let pour breathe long enough? all subsequent tastings have been outstanding. would recommend, and certainly purchase again.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from dnsouthky (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1567, Created:20090518200638, Updated:20090518222028) View discussion on this review.
Purchased at:Liquor Barn, Lexington, Man of War Location
Purchased for:$37 just before the price went up
Info on this bottle:750 ml
Nose:First impression-- fresh cut apples and very light vanilla. Some smoke smell I think but is so light it seems to come and go.

Then as it sits for a few min the vanilla comes out more and seems stronger and the apple seems to get weaker or is overtaken by the vanilla.

Ends up with a smell that makes you think of a bottle of vanilla extract.

The whole time there is a slight / barley there hint of fresh oak saw dust like you just cut down a small White Oak for fire wood while standing in the edge of a white clover field in bloom.
Taste:Yes this is excellent.

Brown Sugar, vanilla, white chocolate, a slight hint of carmel and a mild oak flavor.

It seems to get better with every sip if that is possible.

After a few sips a allspice spice taste? seems to come thru from out of the blue and stay with you from one sip to the next.
Finish:long and lasting at least 2 min

Starts with a mild tingle an and then goes thru a series of taste -- vanilla, oak, carmel, allspice, and back to oak and finally ending with a mix of wonderful favors that seem to just stay in your mouth wanting more.
Overall:Very interesting bourbon it is very complex in both taste and smell.

To be honest --- Im not up to the job of doing this bourbon justice when I try to put it to words.

I will sum it up real easy though it is the best bourbon I ever paid $45 dollars or less for in my limited experience.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from spun_cookie (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1192, Created:20080707163311)
Purchased at:Trade - With Mark
Purchased for:Old Fitz - 1992
Nose:There is a fruit first nose that is strong in apricots and apple (red delicious) along with heavy touches of vanilla extract.

Reminds me of a cup of black tea with brown sugar and a touch of earth tone to it. Not musty, just an earthy ??? tea like scent

There are also light cherry that gives way to some rye & spice that blend with very light oak and leather.

The longer this sits open, the stronger the leather and oak get.
Taste:Vanilla and cherries with some apples. I get dried apricots and then some light milk chocolate.

There is also some smoke, but closer to a memory of a taste than a taste.
Finish:Brown sugar and black team with some fruite that gives to leather and oak over about 15 seconds??? apples and apricots???cherries

Rye and leather

By 15 seconds very much like a cup of black tea with a smoky run across leather and red delicious apples with dried apricots. The last memory of the finish is that of dove milk chocolate.
Overall:Neat Pour in a Reidel

This is a bottle that a received from a friend recently and the nose is different than the last two bottles I have had, but overall the taste and enjoyment is the same.

Color: It is very close to Burnt Orange and Tenn?? (Tawny) [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_colors]

Review from spun_cookie (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1157, Created:20080618195157)
Purchased at:Louisville KY, Park
Purchased for:part of a 17, 21, and 23 yr flight - $15
Info on this bottle:21 yr
Nose:Of the three, the harshest. There is floral and caramel.. but lots of char and oak. More oak on this than the 23yr...
Taste:Oak up front then some chared oak and then it gets into a molasses. More wood than expected
Finish:The finish also starts of with oak and then finally some vanilla and molasses.
Overall:Of the 3, this was the worst of them. Get the 23 yr or the 17yr

Review from spun_cookie (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 865, Created:20071022190817)
Purchased at:Bevmo Sac, CA
Purchased for:49.99
Info on this bottle:750 ml
Proof Of this Bottle:94
Nose:Light chocolate and liquorish. Very pleasant soft tones with a light oak sent with tones of caramel.
Taste:First impression: Wow... I want to say crisp... but not a bourbon "term" that I think I should use. Sweet, caramel/molasses... very light tastes of vanilla.

Soft liquorish tastes in the after taste with a rush to more caramel. A little citrus at the end...

Finish:No smoke, no bite one other taste I cannot put my hand on yet... maybe sugar cookies... again that seems strange... must think more on it.
Overall:Overall I like it. Good recommendation from dzell

Interesting combination to have with spaghetti

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews