Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameEvan Williams Single Barrel - Vintage 1996
Bottled ByHeaven Hill Distilleries, Inc. Bardstown,KY
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content86.6 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Available Duty Free: Unknown Europe: Unknown
Views (since 20080612) 8894
Bottling Info

Review from BuffaloBill (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1190, Created:20080706183037, Updated:20080715000545) View discussion on this review.
Purchased at:Harwichport, MA (Cape Cod)
Purchased for:$35
Info on this bottle:Evan Williams SB 1996
Nose:Old varnish.
Taste:No profile.
Finish:Nil.
Overall:The bottle was either corked, saw too much light, or was improperly stored.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from spun_cookie (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 938, Created:20071209202831)
Purchased at:Salt Lake City State Run Liquir Store
Purchased for:~26.00
Info on this bottle:Released in 2006, barreled in 1996
Proof Of this Bottle:86.6
Nose:Brown sugar, maple, butterscotch, some light fruit (orange blossom), vanilla and light leather. Some nut on the very end and supper light clove
Taste:Vanilla, caramel and light leather.
Sweet wood, but not really oak in taste.
There is almost a honey taste the more I drink.
No burn during the drink, but as soon as I swallow there is a pleasing burn and a rush to tastes that are very complex
Finish:0-15 seconds light alcohol, nuts, light leather,
15-30 seconds soothing vanilla and nuts and just a hint of leather - little honey is showing the 3rd through 5th mouthful. Even a light hint of cloves.
30-45 very light vanilla and caramel
45-60 more memory than taste... just very soothing
60+ the more I drink the longer the finish lasts. Quite surprising and pleasing

The finish is more complex as I work through the fist glass (2-3 ounces). It continues to get my attention on the subtleties as they become more pronounced through the glass.
Overall:I like this neat. The more I try, the more I drink all my bourbons neat. This time I had this in my Riedel scotch glasses for kicks.

The complexity continues to grow. The more I drink the more surprised I am of what this contains.

I am glad I picked this up. Not significantly different than the 97, but I am almost out of the 97 and this will work. I will definitely pick up the 98 as soon as it gets to AZ.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews