Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameEzra Brooks Black
Bottled ByDavid Sherman/Luxco St. Louis,Mo
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content90 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Available Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Unknown
Age4
Views (since 20080612) 35911
Bottling Info

Review from Wasatch (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2192, Created:20130427154514) View discussion on this review.
Purchased at:Layton, State Liquor Store
Purchased for:$18 750ml
Nose:Nice dark golden amber color.

Very nice vanilla note, caramel, nice oaky scent, spicy.
Taste:Sweet on the lips, very nice oak note, touch of vanilla, with some spicy notes.
Finish:Lasts pretty long, pretty smooth for a 90 proof.
Overall:Another very nice bourbon for the price, would recommend.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from Mike (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1802, Created:20100215161015)
Purchased at:Sigman Bottle Shop, Conyers, GA
Purchased for:$9.08 with discount
Nose:Corny sweetness, vanilla, and a touch of rye. Soft with just a whif of alcohol. Not bad at all
Taste:Quite sweet and pretty soft and smooth. A little, but only a little, rye and pepper bite toward the back. A nice bourbon after all, no rough spots to negotiate.
Finish:Moderate to short with only small residuals.
Overall:Easy sipping, but respectable and surely worth $10. Better, in my opinion, than Maker's Mark because the finish has a bit more life to it.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from Don Galligan (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1797, Created:20100126120352, Updated:20100126120923)
Purchased at:Idaho State Liquor Dispensary
Purchased for:9.95
Proof Of this Bottle:90
Nose:Big Alcohol on the nose, with some honey and vanilla
Taste:Sweetness up front with the flavor of Cherries, Dark plums and Honey, then a little floral in the middle, and finishing with a huge amount of old leather.
Finish:A nice peppery finish that lasted about 45 seconds. Very nice!
Overall:Perhaps this has gotten better based on the other reviews up on the site, but I really liked my bottle. And for the price this could be a great daily drinker. I suggest everyone try it again. Perhaps it has gotten better, as the most recent review here was over 2 years old. You can see a full review on my web site, www.beerandwhiskeybros.com.

Review from bourbonguyjapan (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1016, Created:20080210230653)
Purchased at:liquor store in Obu
Purchased for:1900yn
Info on this bottle:standard
Nose:rye. corn. cosmetic (like AA) or clay.
Taste:Sweet, vanilla, rye and corn.
Finish:Quick with a little after taste.
Overall:I haven't been doing that good on my purchases with "inexpensive" bourbon as of late.
For the cash I paid, I could have had an Elijiah. However, this bourbon is not bad.
Not that good, but it's not that bad either. Maybe this bourbon would make a better mixer than a sipper. Taste improves a bit on the rocks with a dash of water.
I wonder if the charcoal finish adds anything to the bourbon.

Review from artfag (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 533, Created:20060706005308)
Purchased at:local liquor store
Purchased for:9.95?
Info on this bottle:90 proof, standard
Nose:Sweet on the nose. Sweetness and corn?
Taste:Very simple, bland. Corn, some sweetness, alcohol.
Finish:Short, nothing really to speak of. Same as in the mouth. Not much warmth, not much flavor.
Overall:First bourbon I've had since I've embarked on my quest to become a snob that I've been dissapointed in. Overall very weak in flavor, finish and general appeal. For the price it's ok for mixing but I'd prefer AAA or something a little more flavorful. Afterall, Ancient Ancient Age is only a little more for a liter and is a much more enjoyable bourbon.

Review from bourbonv (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 500, Created:20060514084543)
Purchased at:Bourbon's Bistro Bar
Purchased for:5.00
Info on this bottle:Standard Bottle
Nose:Vanilla and corn sweetness with a little floral tone.
Taste:Sweet corn and vanilla with some peper spice. A little alcohol burn in the mouth.
Finish:Short and sweet.
Overall:This is a bourbon and coke bourbon.

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews