Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameKentucky Tavern
Bottled ByBarton Brands, Ltd. Bardstown,KY
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content80 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Unknown Duty Free: Unknown Europe: Unknown
Age4
Views (since 20080612) 25367
Bottling InfoAuthentic brand, in existence for more than 110 years. Made from the finest ingredients, Kentucky Tavern is an important addition to any retailer's shelves.

<Barton Brands Website>

Bright amber hue. Fiery wood-accented aromas. A soft attack leads to a medium-bodied palate. Slightly hot, woody finish. Straightforward.

<Reviews from Buying Guide to Spirits reviewed by the Beverage Testing Institute, ??? 1999>

Product Line Photo courtesy Barton Brands Website

Review from Kendall (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 937, Created:20071209095635)
Purchased at:Madison Garden
Purchased for:$2.50/shot
Proof Of this Bottle:80
Nose:very light
Taste:thin
Finish:short, easy
Overall:Not much going on here. I have had it twice, my 1st and my last. Nothing to make me want another taste.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from JoeBourbon (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 547, Created:20060723100445)
Purchased at:E-Bay
Purchased for:35.00
Info on this bottle:Old Kentucky Tavern, Fall 1949 - Fall 1955 Made by Glenmore
Proof Of this Bottle:100
Nose:Lovely soft nose. Estery fruit displayed. Very little alcohol presence. Very little wood components in the nose. You could keep your nose on the glass all day.
Taste:BIG fruit and lots of it. Peaches, Apricots, Cherries, etc. Almost no alcohol burn. These older bourbons are super and this is one of them. Great balance.
Finish:A fairly long finish of fruit, a little spice and a hint of wood. Fantastic.
Overall:I have become an ardent fan of older whiskies and this one justifies my sentiments. It is incredible. Oh, how I long for the older ways of making bourbon.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from bourbonv (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 407, Created:20060318070426)
Purchased at:Bourbon's Bistro Bar
Purchased for:5.00
Info on this bottle:Standard Bottle
Proof Of this Bottle:80
Nose:Sweet corn and vanilla with a little spice.
Taste:Corn husk and vanilla with a little cinnamon spice. A little thin and watery.
Finish:Short and sweet
Overall:Bourbon and Coke bourbon.

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews