Bottling NameEvan Williams Single Barrel - Vintage 1995
Bottled ByHeaven Hill Distilleries, Inc. Bardstown,KY
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content86.6 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Unknown Duty Free: Unknown Europe: Unknown
Age9
Views (since 20080612) 9520
Bottling Info

Review from Randy (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 829, Created:20070903185355)
Purchased at:Woodmans Grocery, Green Bay, Wisconsin
Purchased for:?
Nose:The thing I notice about both the 95 & 96 vintages is that they have what I think of as a grassy nose. At first I wasn't sure what I thought of it, but I have come to love it.
Taste:I get some more of that grassiness in the palate, along with some sweetness and a very nice, mild alcohol bite. Balanced.
Finish:Not too good at seperating taste from finish. I'd have to say dry.
Overall:I really like this bottling, as well as the '96 bottlings I have had. Much nicer than the '97 bottlings in my opinion

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from bourbonv (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 385, Created:20060315170539)
Purchased at:Bourbon's Bistro Bar
Purchased for:7.00
Info on this bottle:Standard Bottle
Proof Of this Bottle:86.6
Nose:Caramel corn and leather with a hint of nutmeg spice.
Taste:Sweet corn and vanilla with oak wood and nutmeg spice.
Finish:Sweet and spicy - Vanilla and nutmeg.
Overall:A very good sipping bourbon

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from Mike (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 340, Created:20060131165550, Updated:20060131174602)
Purchased at:Sigman Bottle Shop, Conyers, GA
Purchased for:$22
Proof Of this Bottle:86.6
Nose:The first impression is of balance...........nothing jumps out, the corn and rye sing the same melody, together. There is the whiff of old leather, some citrus, mostly lemon, elements that add interest but don't quite achieve complexity.
Taste:An interesting taste emerges, whose only shortcoming is spice. A very nice bourbon, one that offers a prodominately sweet taste with rye playing an interesting part.
Finish:The rye spice takes command, as it should, in the end, leaving a spicy finish that offers completion to the bourbon.
Overall:A bourbon with a distinct upfront, mid-palate, and finish. My opinion is that the finish of this bourbon is it's strength. It is not overwhelming, but is strong for an 86.6 proof bourbon. I recommend it! It is interesting, challenging, complex, and good.

Review from gillmang (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 189)
Purchased at:New York
Info on this bottle:Barreled 5/22/95, barrel 113, bottled 1/12/05
Nose:Scents of oak, rye, corn, some "fresh wood", reminiscent of other EW's (e.g. 7 and 12 year olds)
Taste:Soft underpinning of fresh wood, sweet, very balanced,
Finish:Hints of maple and soot in the aftertaste
Overall:Very high quality. Excellent value. This has the hallmark of Evan Williams 12 year old but is better I think since it is bottled at an optimum age. Evan Williams 12 year old "has" to be 12 years old, it occupies that market niche. EW Single Barrel is the same whiskey at its highest pitch.

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews