Bottling NameEvan Williams Green
Bottled ByHeaven Hill Distilleries, Inc. Bardstown,KY
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content80 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Unknown Duty Free: Unknown Europe: Unknown
Age4
Views (since 20080612) 22179
Bottling Info

Review from Wasatch (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2221, Created:20130727173450, Updated:20130727173539)
Purchased at:Layton, State Liquor Store
Purchased for:$8.99 750ml
Nose:Nice dark golden amber color.

Nice vanilla note, caramel, nice oaky scent, spicy.
Taste:Sweet on the lips, nice oak note, touch of vanilla, with some spicy notes.
Finish:Lasts pretty long, pretty smooth for a such a cheap bourbon.
Overall:This one really surprised me, for being so cheap. Another nice bourbon for the price, would recommend.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from Mike (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 939, Created:20071212133633, Updated:20071212150421)
Purchased at:Sigman Bottle Shop, Conyers, GA
Purchased for:$8.99
Info on this bottle:Bottled in Bond Green Label
Proof Of this Bottle:100
Nose:Vanilla, oak, char, nuts, rye, pears, leather, and a tiny slice of orange. A changing, complex, interesting nose that says 'have a sip'!
Taste:Nice sweet beginning moderated with a hint of charcoal that gives over to a snort of spice held in place by the buttery thickness of this bourbon. It does not seem like 100 proof as the alcohol is held in its proper place.
Finish:Moderately long and lively, completing an excellent bourbon experience.
Overall:At $8.99 this is a real steal in a bourbon. It is balanced across the palate with a rich mouthfeel. I recommend it highly, it is better than many much more expensive bourbons in my opinion.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from Mike (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 563, Created:20060807114610, Updated:20060807120104)
Purchased at:Roadside Liquor Store
Purchased for:Cheap, Cheap
Proof Of this Bottle:80
Nose:A mild nose with a bit of vanilla, oak, and corn, only the slightest hint of rye. Yet, there is no denying that he can throw out his chest when the bourbon family portrait is taken..........he belongs in the photograph. He is a bourbon!
Taste:A smooth taste that has everything the bourbon drinker wants, a bit of sweetness, a bit of spice, a bit of viscousity, a bit of oak, all in a degree of balance and harmony. He is not complex, nor does he have a personality that sparkles. His conversation is going to be limited, but you like him cause you know the family.
Finish:A short to medium finish where the rye spice gives him some extra interest as he waves goodbye.
Overall:I found this this little fellow to be OK. He will offend no one when he shows up and he has few pretentions. Too bad more of us aren't like him!

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews