Bottling NameEarly Times
Bottled ByBrown-Forman Distillers Company Louisville,Ky
TypeWhiskey
Alcohol content80 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Unknown Duty Free: Unknown Europe: Unknown
Views (since 20080612) 16307
Bottling Info
Events for this bottling:

Review from Dump Bucket (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1522, Created:20090315231335)
Purchased at:DC
Purchased for:$3-4
Info on this bottle:1969
Nose:Little corn, little oak and light, light char. You can tell it is 4 yrs old, but 4 yrs old the way they use to make it is like 7 yrs now :)
Taste:Vanilla and sugar drops??? gummy bears and a host of candy shop items. Smooth as silk
Finish:Smooth, creamy, and lots of candy??? even some vanilla fudge??? I want more??? much more ???.
Overall:I would drink this and WT 8 yr from the 80s everyday of the week and never need to look for more bourbon???

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from spun_cookie (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1227, Created:20080808184716)
Purchased at:50ml trade
Info on this bottle:1988 bottle
Nose:Light corn, vanilla, leather, maple, apples, some light char, pleasant but not full
Taste:Light is my first thought???. Refreshing almost. Little vanilla soft touches of maple??? pleasant
Finish:Caramel apples and cotton candy. Light oak and touches of vanilla come and go. There might even be some touches of cherry.. yup??? light cherry is there???
Overall:Nice sit on a porch and sip bourbon. Almost like a little carnival??? Good stuff. .. I like it

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from Mike (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 436, Created:20060330141822)
Purchased at:Sigman Bottle Shop, Conyers, GA
Purchased for:8.99
Info on this bottle:Kentucky Whisky - no less than three years old in reused cooperage
Nose:A light nose with corn, rye, leather, with mild hints of flowers and citrus peel.
Taste:A mild taste that glides inoffensively across the mouth. Smooth but not memorable.
Finish:Fairly short..........all the taste quickly dies up front. At the back of the mouth, you aren't sure you are drinking an alcoholic spirit.
Overall:As whiskies and my taste go, a timid spirit. This little fellow is a pushover. Give some to grandma when she has a cough or needs to relax. She will tell you how nice it is!

Review from bourbonv (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 379, Created:20060311080109)
Purchased at:Bourbon's Bistro Bar
Purchased for:5.00
Info on this bottle:Standard Bottle of Kentucky Style Whiskey
Proof Of this Bottle:80
Nose:Corn and vanilla - slightly floral - honeysuckle. A very simple nose.
Taste:Sweet corn with a hint of honey. Not complex or hot with no alcohol burn at all.
Finish:Short and sweet.
Overall:A good whiskey for the bourbon and coke or whiskey sour.

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews