Bottled ByBuffalo Trace Distillery Frankfort,KY
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content80 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Unknown Duty Free: Unknown Europe: Unknown
Mashbill InfoBT low rye
Age4
Views (since 20080612) 20157
Bottling Info

Review from LogicalFrank (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2264, Created:20131016003638)
Purchased at:Piggly Wiggly
Nose:Leather w/ a pronounced but vague fruitiness. Maybe peach and cherry but I can't really pick out anything in partiuclar.
Taste:This is definitely on the sweet side, again w/ a vague sort of fruit character. Mouthfeel is a bit oily and thick. The taste is overall pretty mild but this isn't flavorless at all.
Finish:Lingering notes of cherry and a memory of barrel oak.
Overall:This isn't terribly complex but it tastes nice and seems like it'd do well in a sour if nothing else. I think it does pretty well straight but that doesn't mean much coming from me. I'd love to try a hundred proof or even an over proof version of this stuff as I think it would be quite bracing and tasty.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from azoth_melusina (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1398, Created:20081223181405, Updated:20081223181444) View discussion on this review.
Purchased at:Total Wine (Delaware)
Purchased for:$9.99
Info on this bottle:latest version
Nose:maybe the most interesting part of the experience...at least at this time: getting an intense cherry Blowpop sense (!); strawberry alcohol (smells like a higher proof); cigar box
Taste:mellow, a bit indistinct; having to search for hints of what i think i taste (as opposed to the immediate olfactory impression); a third sip suggests leather and, ok, finally, tangy raw honey!
Finish:ghost of semi-sweet leather, pleasant nonetheless, but it needs/lacks...what? reminds me of the ambivalence of EW 1783; maybe there is a slight rye bite...but the bite is from a tiny mouth
Overall:i still have faith this will open up ... AND will make a good candidate for vatting! concerned and intrigued that my very slightly stopped up nose got an immediate and forecful sense of the nose! but maybe it diminished the taste and finish. maybe it's just a nosey but pretty uncharacteristic pour. but at this time, it seems like another interesting, almost generic bottling like: old taylor 6, ezra brooks 90...maybe it's all a matter of low proof. is there a horizon in the small, predictable world of 80 proofers???

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from jbohan (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1070, Created:20080419154214, Updated:20080419154608)
Purchased at:ABC store Holden Beach NC
Purchased for:$8.95
Info on this bottle:Standard
Proof Of this Bottle:80
Nose:Very soft sweet smell, lower proof than what I normally drink.
Taste:Strong hints of honey and fruits, almost would think this is a wheated bourbon.
Finish:Decent, not as long as I would like
Overall:For the price paid it is fine, but would not serve it to guests. Old Charter at the same price or a little more is definitely better. I know they both come from same distillery, but you can tell a difference

Review from Bourbon Joe (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 830, Created:20070904161800)
Purchased at:Kentucky
Purchased for:??
Info on this bottle:4 Y/o Made by Buffalo Trace, Frankfort
Nose:Corn, Slight woodiness, thin.
Taste:Not bad. Thin. No viscocity. I detect a note of licorice or anise along with a hint of mint.
Finish:Very short but reasonably pleasant.
Overall:Decent lower mid-shelf pour. I would not bunker this bourbon.

Review from bourbonv (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 368, Created:20060311065613)
Purchased at:Bourbon's Bistro Bar
Purchased for:5.00
Info on this bottle:Standard Bottle
Proof Of this Bottle:80
Nose:Corn and Vanilla with a little mint and oak.
Taste:Apples and caramel with a hint of oak and mint.
Finish:Sweet vanilla and apples ending with some dry oak tannins.
Overall:Very good cocktail bourbon - try an old fashioned.

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews