Bottling NameAncient Ancient Age 10 Star
Bottled ByAncient Age Distilling Co. Frankfort,KY
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content90 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Unknown Duty Free: Unknown Europe: Unknown
Mashbill InfoBT high rye
Age6
Views (since 20080612) 25914
Bottling Info(From the "GreatBourbon" Website)

At 6 years old, AAA 10 Star has a gentle spice and licorice attack on the finish that backs down to intense cream toffee. It is a flavor to be savored by all bourbon enthusiasts.

Review from Victor28 (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1868, Created:20100902105301, Updated:20100902105414)
Purchased at:Dayton Ohio
Purchased for:$ 23 for 1.75 L
Info on this bottle:Ancient Ancient Age 10 Star
Nose:Faint honey and wood aroma
Taste:Slight alcohol burn, with a lot of gentle sweetness developing with some vanilla wood flavors emerging
Finish:This stays quite sweet and relatively consistent. This is very pleasant if sweet, mild, and low key are virtues for you.
Overall:I was very unhappy when I realized that the 10 Star AAA which I had purchased was not the 10 yr old AAA. My first impression was that this was light fare, and not worth serious attention. With additional samplings I can see how this AAA 10 Star is like Bourbon Kool Aid --something your sweet tooth could get used to and which you could enjoy sitting around and sipping all afternoon. Overall this is very pleasant light fare sweet bourbon.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from bunghole (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 919, Created:20071124173554, Updated:20071124202113)
Purchased at:Virginia ABC Store #338 - Waynesboro, Virginia
Purchased for:$22.95/1.75L
Info on this bottle:Carefully distilled along the banks of the Kentucky River according to the finest old traditions.
Proof Of this Bottle:90
Nose:Nice classic amber color that looks to be about six years old, although this bourbon is a marriage of convenience between many younger and some older barrels.

The nose is nicely complex with a rather unique musky leather topnote. Char is subdued. A very faint hint of banana exists in the mix. Candy tones are vanilla & toffee. Aged Virginia Gold Tobacco.
Taste:Pretty straightforward - charred oak and candy. The musky leather, and tobacco accents of the nose combine into a smokey strikeforce flanking your tastebuds for the final assault.
Finish:Snarling dogs at first, but they do calm down.
Overall:An excellent choice for a value bourbon on par with Evan Williams Black, but at a full 90 proof vs. 86. Easily as good as Old Forester 86 proof, but much less expensive.

Both the Glencairn and the "Pure Glass" were used for this review.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from MikeK (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 759, Created:20070429124433)
Purchased at:Twin Liquors, Georgetown TX
Purchased for:$12
Nose:Warm and gently rounded. Sweet with a musky bitter edge. Aromas of orange, light spice, cinnamon, and grape soda.
Taste:Sweet flavor with caramel and holiday spice. Nice mouth feel with medium body. A little rough and prickly around the edges.
Finish:Medium finish. Sweet with traces of cola and caramel.
Overall:

Review from artfag (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 524, Created:20060608123311, Updated:20060608123555)
Purchased at:state liquor
Purchased for:12.99
Info on this bottle:10 Star, 1 liter, Frankfort, KY
Proof Of this Bottle:90
Nose:New to this and having trouble pinpointing certain scents but...
Definitly some fruit. The more I smell the more I can notice the bananna mentioned in the ten year as well some slight toffee, caramel and vanilla. Alcohol not too noticable.
Taste:Very smooth in the mouth, slight vanilla? up front. Some spice in the back. Mild tingly feeling throughout upon swallowing. Fairly warm, just right in my opinion.
Finish:Fairly long from what I've tried so far (not much) Sweet at first then a couple seconds of lingering spice in the throat. Cleans up nice, dry.
Overall:Great bourbon in my opinion, especially for the price. Almost missed it on the bottom shelf. I personally enjoy it neat but also plan on making some juleps this week to start off the summer. Good neat, can't be bad in a drink and for the price, there's no harm in experimenting. I've yet to try any "Top shelf" bourbons as of yet and I'm pretty easy going when it comes to my drinks so my opinion may change as time goes on, but for now, good drink, good taste, very enjoyable.

Review from Mike (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 214, Created:20050719150038)
Purchased at:Sigman Spirits, Conyers, GA
Purchased for:$14.99
Nose:A slight hint of camphor mixed in with wild flowers, clover, mint, rye and corn. Smells of a meadow in spring.......not bad at all.
Taste:Upfront comes rye, oak and a smidge of the char from the barrel. Not as good as the nose.
Finish:A wee bit on the raw, unrefined side with the alcohol playing first fiddle in the finale
Overall:A drinkable bourbon for the money, but not one I would serve to my bourbon loving friends. Suitable for mixing.

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews