Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameFour Roses "American"
Bottled BySeagram ,
TypeWhiskey
Alcohol content80 Proof
Availability US: No Longer Available Japan: No Longer Available Duty Free: Unknown Europe: No Longer Available
Mashbill InfoBlended
Views (since 20080612) 11747
Bottling InfoSeagram owned this label and produced it by combining distillate from many locations.

Review from spun_cookie (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1322, Created:20081017232847)
Purchased at:Hawaii
Purchased for:$15
Info on this bottle:Blended and Bottled (in) Baltimore, MD, Lawrenceburg, IN; 65% Grain Neutral Spirits, 1977 bottle
Nose:Spice and some floral like wild flowers (strong, not soft tones). Vanilla is there in force as well. Maybe Pondarosa Pine.. a sweet vanilla with light citrus

There is an SW quality like butter to this... very interesting. There is light rye or something close in this as well
Taste:Sweet buttery glaze with vanilla. There are light tones of leather and soft spices
Finish:More of the same in the taste in all the right areas. There is not oak to speak of, just nice drinking bourbon. No burn, but at 80 proof I am not surprised.
Overall:If I had to guess on this, I would have said a 50s or 60s SW 80 proof??? maybe even a good old rebel yell of yellow stone.. something in this class.

Damn tasty... almost a after workout whiskey

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from TNbourbon (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 629, Created:20061103185524) View discussion on this review.
Purchased at:Middle Tennessee
Purchased for:$11
Info on this bottle:Blended and Bottled (in) Baltimore, MD, Lawrenceburg, IN; 65% Grain Neutral Spirits
Nose:Cotton-candy lightness, a little bit acetone-ish.
Taste:Thin and citric, very little sense of alcohol. The slightest hint of mint near the end.
Finish:It almost has one. Reminds one of a good mouthwash, but without the backbone.
Overall:An inocuous little whiskey. Nothing wrong with it, but it ain't a 'straight'. Little did I know when I found these two bottles (one subsequently traded) that they were the last Four Roses to be found (seemingly) in Middle Tennessee, where it hasn't been distributed for years. This bottle appears to be of 1992 production.I have about 200ml left. I'm told it isn't made anymore. Not a great loss, but it's been good for what I've used it for -- cooking, and an occasional mixed drink.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews