Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NamePeter Jakes Private Keep
Bottled ByRoyal Wine Corp. Princeton,Mn
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content90 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Not Available Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Not Available
Age10
Views (since 20080612) 10144
Bottling Info

Review from LogicalFrank (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 712, Created:20070207171242, Updated:20070208103701)
Purchased at:Binny's in Downtown Chicago
Purchased for:$25
Info on this bottle:10 year
Proof Of this Bottle:90
Nose:Mild and bright. An orange character that reminds me somewhat of Cointreau and ginger w/ some depth added by vanilla, dark cherry and sawdust.
Taste:Maybe some caramel up front but, frankly, nothing more is revealed here than what I noticed in the aroma. Disappointing as I did find the nose quite pleasant.
Finish:Lingering but light w/ oak and vanilla.
Overall:Nothing to complain about. It'd be nice to try a more potent version of this in terms of flavor, maybe just a hundred proof version or even barrel strength. There's much to appreciate in this bourbon and nothing even the slightest bit offensive but ultimately it proves itself forgettable.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from JoeBourbon (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 558, Created:20060801131704)
Purchased at:Binny's Chicago
Purchased for:29.98
Info on this bottle:10 y/o UPC 41564 (Kentucky Bourbon Distillers)
Nose:Corn, some wood. Fairly simple. A typical modern bourbon nose.
Taste:The nose belies the taste. Viscous-coats the mouth. Sweet on the front of the tongue. Fruit congeners (peaches). A nice balance of fruit to wood. Moderate alcohol burn but not obtrusive in the least.
Finish:Moderate length with significant fruit (peaches) in the finish.
Overall:Of the modern bourbons, I really like this one. It harkens back to the day when many bourbons exhibited this style. The Kulsveens have a winner here. I'll buy more.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from bourbonv (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 458, Created:20060426082515)
Purchased at:Bourbon's Bistro Bar
Purchased for:8.00
Info on this bottle:Standard Bottle
Nose:Corn, vanilla and aged leather. Slightly yeasty with a little ginger spice.
Taste:Caramel and vanilla with a little oak and ripe fruit - apricots, with some spice and fine leather.
Finish:long and sweer with lots of caramel and oak - slightly bitter with the oak tannins after a while.
Overall:Not bad neat but probably better in a cocktail.

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews