Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameJacobs Well
Bottled ByJames B. Beam Distilling Co. Clermont,KY
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content84 Proof
Availability US: No Longer Available Japan: Not Available Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Not Available
Mashbill InfoBatched, tanked and immediately rebarreled in orriginal barrels to finish aging.
Age7
Views (since 20080612) 17261
Bottling Info

Review from whiskeyhatch (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2250, Created:20130926180010)
Purchased at:I can't remember
Purchased for:$19.99
Info on this bottle:Batch No. B-0230-JW459
Nose:Sweet corn and vanilla. There is buttery characteristic to the aroma and enough oak to tone down the sweetness.
Taste:Corn and vanilla, a fair amount of oak, and a good deal of spiciness from the rye. The heat of the alcohol is not at all assertive but makes its presence known. The overall flavor is a tad bit thin but rather appealing.
Finish:A wave of spicy-rye tingle that crescendos in about 2 or 3 seconds and plays out for several seconds more. Quite pleasant, actually.
Overall:I must admit that I do like this bourbon. I recently dug it out of my dusty collection and it's the only bottle that I have. The price seems to be a bit high for the overall quality of this bourbon. At a better price point, it might have made for a good go-to bourbon.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from spun_cookie (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1121, Created:20080611153501)
Purchased at:
Nose:Liquorish and butter. Interesting nose. I have not had anything like it
Taste:Cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla. There is a fullness with a buttery feel
Finish:Liquorish, pumpkin and more spice
Overall:Glad I got to try it, but would not buy it...

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from bourbonv (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 173)
Purchased at:Liquor store near Elkton Maryland
Info on this bottle:84 months old from registered distillery 230 batch #B-0230-JW459
Proof Of this Bottle:84
Nose:Sweet corn and honey with a minty breath.
Taste:Smooth with no alcohol burn or warmth. Sweet corn and vanilla honey with a hint of mint spice.
Finish:Not complex at all with a little sweet corn leading into a slightly oak tannin tingle.
Overall:This is the "small batch bourbon" from Jim Beam that did not survive. It is a shame because I like the flavor profile better than most of the other small batch bourbon. I pleasant drink before a meal.

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews