Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameI. W. Harper 12 year old decanter
Bottled ByUnited Distillers ,
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content86 Proof
Availability US: Not Available Japan: Available Duty Free: Unknown Europe: Available
Age12
Views (since 20080612) 17876
Bottling Info

Review from libertybar (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1901, Created:20101213233412)
Purchased at:Japan
Purchased for:$65
Info on this bottle:Distilled by I.W. Harper Distilling Company, Kentucky U.S.A.
Nose:Bright, sharp spice notes. Fresh tobacco and toasted orange peel.
Taste:Balanced vanilla, spice & candied ginger. Noticeable oak with a touch of bite.
Finish:Short, even and lasting, sweet notes.
Overall:For my palate, this is a very good, short of a great bourbon, but a very enjoyable whiskey, all the same.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from bourbonv (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 109) View discussion on this review.
Purchased at:Given to me by the company ca 1994
Info on this bottle:Standard Japanese Market bottling
Proof Of this Bottle:86
Nose:Light and simple - a little oak and corn with some vanilla.
Taste:No burn and very little warmth. Some oak and vanilla with a hint of spice. Not complex at all.
Finish:This is the best part of this bourbon. There are some lingering candy corn flavor with a hint of oak. Without this finish the bourbon would be very bland and boring.
Overall:Not the best bourbon in my opinion. For being 12 years old it lacks in barrel characteristics and there is very little grain flavor. This product would be better at 90 proof or more. As it is I consider it a borderline "brown vodka".

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews