Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameEvan Williams Millenium Decanter
Bottled ByHeaven Hill Distilleries, Inc. Bardstown,KY
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content86.6 Proof
Availability US: No Longer Available Japan: Unknown Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Unknown
Views (since 20080612) 14729
Bottling InfoThese decanters have become somewhat collectible because they had problems with leaking. They were supposed to be pulled from store shelves and the original molds were supposedly broken. I have still seen a few on store shelves but many were either half full, or even empty!, or the paper sticker around the stopper to show it is still sealed was broken from the elastic band around the nexktag.

Review from Klepackage (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1544, Created:20090423211556)
Purchased at:CO
Purchased for:$45
Nose:Minimal alcohol, smells like a freshly cut field of grass with some mint. I can't get anything else.
Taste:Something bitter that rests at the back of the tongue. All the other flavors just feel like they're fighting for the spotlight. Nothing stands out.
Finish:Surprising Alcohol for a ~90 proof bourbon. The back sides of my tongues have feeling for about 20 seconds and then it fades. All spice.
Overall:Appearance: Medium amber. Legs are slow to form and then all appear at once after ~15 seconds. Many legs that aren't spaced more than 1/4" apart.

Purchase: A really weird whiskey and $45 to boot. Will not repurchase. Does have a cool decanter though.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from angelshare (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 80)
Purchased at:
Info on this bottle:Barreled 8/4/90 Bottled 10/8/99 Barrel #024
Nose:An oddly pleasant combination of mint, "Heaven Hill hay" (if that's a real descriptor), and just a touch of vanilla. Maybe just a little menthol, too.
Taste:It has the woody bite of a much older whiskey, but not the full mouth or complexity. Oakiness predominates. I don't get a whole lot else. It's not unpleasant, by any means, just a one trick flavor pony. Multiple sips, a splash of water, and all I can really describe is oak.
Finish:A bit hot, and the oaky flavor lingers for quite a while.
Overall:If you like the woody bite of something like (as I remember it, at least) Noah's Mill, you will probably like this. If it were still produced and widely available, I could see this bourbon having a cult following of sorts. It's simple but distinctive. Having said that, overall, I think EW SB is much better and cheaper. If I remember correctly, this retailed at about $40 in VA in 12/99, and EW SB still goes for only $20. The nose holds a lot of promise, but the taste doesn't quite deliver. Nifty decanter, though.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews