Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameMichters US 1 Rye
Bottled ByKentucky Bourbon Distillers, Ltd. Bardstown,KY
TypeKentucky Straight Rye Whiskey
Alcohol content84.8 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Unknown Duty Free: Not Available Europe: Unknown
Views (since 20080612) 17960
Bottling Info

Review from bourbonv (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 414, Created:20060318072932)
Purchased at:Bourbon's Bistro Bar
Purchased for:12.00
Info on this bottle:Single Barrel 4E-2
Proof Of this Bottle:84.8
Nose:Slightly grassy - vanilla and pepper spice.
Taste:Very light - some vanilla and pepper spice with a nice warmth in the mouth, but no alcohol burn.
Finish:Sweet with a hint of oak.
Overall:A good product for a manhattan.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from gillmang (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 227, Created:20050725190227, Updated:20050725191915)
Purchased at:Premier Liquors, Buffalo, NY
Info on this bottle:Barrel No. 4 E2 (exactly the number shown in the photo above)
Nose:Very faintly spicy, light charred notes
Taste:Soft on the palate with reverberating rye tangs, a whiskey of young-to-medium age that is assertive yet balanced by sweetness and softness
Finish:Almost all rye spicy tangs, menthol as Mark said, "refreshing"
Overall:I give this a very high rating. I wish I knew who distilled it - it doesn't taste like Overholt or Wild Turkey Rye, more perhaps like Beam Rye or Pikesville but a superior product due to its balance and blend of power and stylishness. This would make a great Manhattan but I like it neat. Surely a lot of the straight rye of 100 years ago was like this (although the other types available today also represent, no doubt, types known then). The singularity of the single barrel comes through, in this case to the credit of the whiskey

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from Mark (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 32)
Purchased at:
Purchased for:$25.50
Info on this bottle:
Nose:
Taste:
Finish:
Overall:

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews